Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 61 a week full of miracles



Well, well, well we meet again.. around the board. Haha just kidding. But really, it’s already been another week and this week I’ve seen lots of little miracles. I’ll list them below. 

1. I didn’t get lost. This requires explaining. We had transfers, and Hermana Dungan went to Pedro Juan, and Hermana Terrazas came to Ysapy with me. I’m super bad at learning areas, and after only 6 weeks here I was suuuuuuuper worried we’d get lost. But! like Nephi, we were led by the Spirit not knowing beforehand where we should go. And so, first miracle we didn’t get lost. 

2. We didn’t get hit by lightning or flooded in! There have some much needed but very crazy rain storms lately, and they are always accompanied but lots of thunder and lightning. It’s one of the most terrifyingly beautiful things I’ve ever seen and I’ll miss the storms here when I leave. 

3. We didn’t have to run home unbrellaless in the rain. Right as the crazy rain started up we were tossed in a member’s car and driven all the way to the opening of our street. Yay for nice members with cars! 

4. We didn’t burn the house down. This one I owe the credit to a party we once had at Kylee’s house. We found ourselves trapped inside, because there was no way we could go out in the rain the way it was. I couldn’t see 2 feet in front of my face. So we decided to fry some potatoes. (make French fries) and while my comp was showing me where the roof was dripping in front of my closet, the roof started dripping over the stove, right into the hot oil. And well, for those who don’t know, hot oil plus cold water equals scary tall flaming fire on your stove. And in a moment of panic the words bicarbonato (baking soda) ran through my mind and I tossed the little bit that we had in the fridge on the flames and just like that the fire was gone. And that is where the credit to Kylee and her party comes in. A long long time ago when we were young and her hair was long there was a grease fire in their back yard and we didn’t know what to do, so her dad looked it up on the internet, and then after the fire went out I forgot all about it... until the other day, when our house could have burned down. 

5. Rosana came to church! She’s a less active, and it was soooooo awesome to see her at church with her two little girls. 

So as you can see, it’s been a good week, and we really have been led by the Spirit to the places, things and people right in the exact moment. 

I’m doing well, and hope you are as well. :) 

Con mucho amor! Hermana Minks









No comments:

Post a Comment