Thursday, January 1, 2015

Week 58 New Years... *BOOM*

Hello and welcome to another episode of summer in Paraguay, where it gets really hot, then rains, and then you leave your umbrella at a contact's house.... to maybe never be seen again.

So it's been a fun week, Monday we ran around all day trying to get a nap and not achieving. Tuesday we had an activity for Christmas with our branch, and we did a living nativity with the youth and primary children in our branch. It was very cute. Wednesday was Christmas Eve, so I got to talk to my lovely parents. It was nice to see them, and hear their voices. I love them and I'm happy to see them and know that they're doing well. Sad I didn't get to see Ryker and Tay too, but it's ok.  I'll see them again one day. 
We spent the 24th with the Pereira family, and it was fun as well. Thanks to them, and the Ojeda family, I can now add 3 new things to my list of food I've eaten. goat, cow tongue, and blood sausage. Am not sure any of them were very tasty. and I've informed Ryker that he has been given rights to my former goats. I don't want them anymore. haha. yuck. 

Christmas day was just like any other normal day, because here in Paraguay people celebrate Christmas just like new years, they wait till 12am, blow up fire works, and then go pray, wish their neighbors merry Christmas, and then go to bed. It's exciting. So anyway, the 25th was normal and hot haha, just like last year. 

And the rest of our week has been normal haha. 

Today I FINALLY got my nap and it was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper nice. I feel soooo much better. It was great. 
Now we just have the new year, and then hopefully the explosives will end... cuz they're kinda scary. But it's all good. haha Nobody I know has gotten hurt. Also! this week we got to paint a house and mow a lawn it was fun! 








But anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and have a happy new year! and I'll talk to you all in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment