Sunday, November 23, 2014

Week 52 ....and one day

Well friends, family, I know I'm super late haha. Let's just say it's been a long week. and I was going to bring my journal, so I could share with you all something I wrote, but maybe it'll be more fun if you just see it in person.
Anyway, what happened is, my comp, hna. p, has been sick and last week we ended up in our house almost all week. on Wednesday I made a list, titled, "what to do when your bored as a missionary." and then my list contained things like :
1. do personal study.
2. do language study.
3. eat lunch alone.
4. check to see if your sleeping comp is still breathing.
5. be happy your comp is breathing.
6. wonder if you should wake her up.
7. say a prayer.
8. decide to let her sleep.
9. do laundry by hand.
10. hang up wet laundry.
And it continues haha there's like 75 items on my list, but you know, it's cool. I washed all my dirty clothes so that's good. and I got lots of other stuff done too. By staying in the house all week I've learned to really appreciate the opportunities I have to leave and work. So you know, all you able bodies people out there don't complain because you're tired from your jobs or your callings. Be thankful that God gave you the energy and the ability to do what you need to do. Work is a blessing. Also, a special note for my missionary friends, be thankful for every moment that the Lord has give us to be out in the mission field. Be thankful for the blessing of two legs, two arms, two hands, two eyes, a heart, a mind, and every thing else you need to be out there sharing the gospel.
Sadly, this Friday, we'll be sending my comp home to Guatemala, so she can have better medical attention in her home country and be relieved of the stress of being on the mission. But it's ok. She's going to be much better there, and she has lots more to do to help her family to get sealed and united for eternity. My only worry here is who will be my companion haha. and hope that I'll be able to stay here in Loma Pyta so I can help the people here, and see Cinthia be baptized.
Anyway, know that I love you all, and that I'm praying for you, and I'll be back to normal with my new comp next Monday. :))

Here's a pic from last week when they went to the Chinese restaurant, thanks to Hermana Sander's Awesome Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment