Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 16...... FIVE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, ummmm, yea, I've been on my mission for 5 months already and holy cow moly does time fly or does time fly!
The answer is time flies really really really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So anyway now that I'm done freaking out about all of that nonsense. I have a few miracles for the week. yay! miracles!
Miracle numero uno!
I had my first baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uno because it's the most exciting. His name is Samu, Samuel, and he's 17. 
Milagro numero dos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samuel's mom is super super super hard, and in the 9 months that Samu has been investigating the church she hasn't gone once, well guess who went with us to church this sunday.. yep you guessed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the final miracle, miracle number three!
Supposedly it takes a billion years to fill the baptismal font, so we got there super early to clean and fill it and to bake some cookies for the baptism. and we got there and cleaned the font, and started filling it and guess what! It was more than full enough wayyy before we needed it.
So, this week has been pretty fruitful, and very exciting. and I understand the scripture in D&C 18:16 "and now if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me in the kingdom of my father, how great will your joy be if you should bring many souls unto me!" I knew that this work would be rewarding before, but now I really understand just how rewarding it is. I was and am so happy and full of thanks for my Father in Heaven who sent me here just in time to share my testimony and help Samu get baptized. That moment of seeing him go into the water and come up again all happy and clean is worth ever "my bus is coming" and "were catholic", every blister and sore foot tired day, what ever. It's all worth it to have a small part in the conversion of somebody.
I know with all my heart that this is true church of our savior Jesus Christ and that through the atonement and baptism we can all receive the joy of bringing a soul unto him in the kingdom of our Father.

Cleaning the font

Samu and the Hermana's



Hermana Betancourth & Hermana Minks

A bug in the water - - - 



No comments:

Post a Comment